Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbie Help

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally would never toss unexposed film.

    I think just to shoot 20 year old film to see how it reacts would be interesting.

    How far can you get on your own?

    If there is a cartridge already in the camera, finish that one off and send it to Dwaynes in Parsons, Kansas.

    We have a couple of topic posts located on this forum that provide links.

    Otherwise just type Dwaynes Kodachrome 40 into the search engine of your choice and you should get Dwaynes website.

    Feel free to ask away if you have any more questions.

    Film is still available, that's why we have this forum!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can I add sound to it?

    You can post strip the film with magnetic audio tape (there are places that offer this service) and then with a sound projector you can record sound to it.

    My experience with old film from 1985 and earlier is that it always comes out pinkish in color. Some really bad, others its not too bad. Always use fresh film to film important things and only use old film for non important.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Justinea14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello,
    My grandmother was cleaning out her closets in order to move and found an old Super 8mm camera and projector, along with some old film reels. She gave it to me and I know nothing of Super 8 cameras. It is a Sears C-122 Super 8mm Camera and I think it still works. There looks like two battery compartments but I do not know what they are for. One looks like double AA's and the other looks like camera batteries. There were also 3 unopen cartrdges from kodak (40 ft type A). Dated back to 1982. Should I toss these? Can I get more? Any help or suggestions on how to get into this hobby would be appreciated. Can I add sound to it? Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •